The ultimate Environmental and English literacy educational and teaching resource for ages 9-14.
A comprehensive set of worksheets. All done for you.
Yours free, when you sign up for author email Newsletters.
Review of WonderWorksheets by EducationOtherwise.org, a major home education organisation in the UK:
“The book ‘Animals in the Forest: The Day Terrible Things Came’ is a wonderful read on its own, but there is also a pack of WonderWorksheets… with lots of questions, discussion ideas, writing tasks and discussion topics.
Aimed for upper primary, these worksheets provide a very interesting and comprehensive set of exercises covering a wide range of activities including researching and designing your own non-fiction booklet about crows, drawing an impression of a worm’s-eye view of the animals’ discussion, writing stories from a given first line, and many more.
The worksheets are the most interesting and varied I have come across to date and show that the author has put a lot of thought and detail into each one.”
~ EO Newsletter, Spring 2018.
What are WonderWorksheets?
- Environmental and English project-based worksheets
- Suitable for classroom or home
- Adult-led and independent activities for Key Stage 2 and 3 (middle graders/middle school)
- Unique and original – designed by ex-teacher and author
- Comprehensive cross-curricular 38-page booklet
What’s in them?
- Reading for inference and comprehension, linked to environmental fiction novel
- Research and discussion ideas on key environmental issues, with website links
- Fiction and non-fiction writing activities, with writing/planning frames and ideas
- SPaG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar) quizzes
How can they be used?
- Whole class, group or independent activities
- Lots to choose from – dip in and out
- Questions to stimulate thinking, debate and writing
- Include helpful tips on internet research
- Cross-curricular content including English Literacy, Reading, Literature, Environmental studies, Geography, Science, Biology, Ecology
Why use WonderWorksheets?
The book Animals in the Forest: The Day Terrible Things Came may raise questions for readers about human beings’ interactions with animals and wildlife, and conservation of the natural environment and planet Earth.
WonderWorksheets have been designed around the book’s environmental and literacy themes to help readers take their curiosity and thirst for knowledge further.