The ultimate Environmental and English literacy educational and teaching resource for ages 9-14.
A comprehensive set of worksheets. All done for you.
Review of WonderWorksheets sets A & B by EducationOtherwise.org, a major home education organisation in the UK:
“The book ‘Animals in the Forest: The Day Terrible Things Came’ is a wonderful read on its own, but there is also a pack of WonderWorksheets… with lots of questions, discussion ideas, writing tasks and discussion topics.
Aimed for upper primary, these worksheets provide a very interesting and comprehensive set of exercises covering a wide range of activities including researching and designing your own non-fiction booklet about crows, drawing an impression of a worm’s-eye view of the animals’ discussion, writing stories from a given first line, and many more.
The worksheets are the most interesting and varied I have come across to date and show that the author has put a lot of thought and detail into each one.”
~ EO Newsletter, Spring 2018.
What are WonderWorksheets?
- Environmental and English project-based worksheets
- Suitable for classroom or home
- Adult-led and independent activities for Key Stage 2 and 3 (middle graders/middle school)
- Unique and original – designed by ex-teacher and author
- Comprehensive cross-curricular booklets (sets A & B)
What’s in them?
- Reading for inference and comprehension, linked to environmental fiction novel (set A)
- Research and discussion ideas on key environmental issues, with website links (set B)
- Fiction and non-fiction writing activities, with writing/planning frames and ideas (sets A & B)
- SPaG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar) quizzes (set B)
How can they be used?
- Whole class, group or independent activities
- Lots to choose from – dip in and out
- Questions to stimulate thinking, debate and writing
- Include helpful tips on internet research
- Cross-curricular content including English Literacy, Reading, Literature, Environmental studies, Geography, Science, Biology, Ecology
Reading Writing Talking WonderWorksheets Set A
I call these ‘Animals in the Forest’ WonderWorksheets. This extensive 20 page PDF booklet is full of reading comprehension, reading inference and fiction writing activities, designed to complement the environmentally themed novel ‘Animals in the Forest: The Day Terrible Things Came’.
WonderWorksheets Set A are focused on English literacy and reading, with environmental snippets. They will help you get added value from the novel, so you’ll need to read it as you go through the worksheets.
Researching Questioning WonderWorksheets Set B
I call these Environmental WonderWorksheets.
This comprehensive 20 page PDF booklet is packed full of research projects, non-fiction writing activities and discussion questions on environmental and nature conservation issues.
These worksheets are more generic and can be used on their own, without reference to the novel. You can get WonderWorksheets Set B for free, by signing up to author email newsletters.
My author emails are packed full of helpful stuff, and I’ll send them out approximately once a month. You’ll get news about books, environmental issues and events. Plus I’ll notify you when there are more free resources available.