Elephants – an important part of the great web of life – do matter!
But they’re having a tough time, thanks to humans. Poached for ivory, culled, hunted, suffering from habitat loss, captured for zoos and circuses, to caged and confined as working animals…
Find out more about the environmental concerns in this blog post: “Elephant Extinction – Does it Matter?”
You can explore lots of issues and activities around the topics of elephants in the free 2-page Elephants Matter Environmental Worksheet, including:
- Design a mind map on the reasons elephant populations are declining (with a cool video link explaining mind maps)
- Find out how we can all get involved in saving elephants
- Investigate what World Elephant Day is all about
- Research and have discussions about how elephants occur in our myths and legends
- Explore etymology of the word ‘poach’
- Learn fun facts and watch videos about unique elephant relationships
- …and more!
Enjoy researching, reading, writing, talking and saving elephants! 🙂
I’d love to know how you get on. Write a reply below this post.